For many years, candle companies have been using paraffin wax. This wax comes from the bottom of the barrel of petroleum.
“Ingestion of liquid paraffin or inhalation of paraffin candle fumes may cause negative effects, such as nausea, vomiting, headaches, or benzene pollution which can cause lung cancer. “
Many candle companies are turning to soy wax and other natural forms of wax. We want to provide a healthier alternative with the comfort of candles.
The Skinny on our Soy Wax Candles:
- Ambiance – the flame of a candle creates a warm and inviting peace within a room. It can induce a calmness, especially, combined with an aromatherapy fragrance.
- Burn time: Soy Wax lasts 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle.
- Handmade with meticulous care when the candles are born. We care about the beauty of the candles. We keep the jar label free so you can see the essence of the flame.
- Reusable Jar – place completed candle in a sauce pan with 2 inches of water on medium heat until the wax has melted. Carefully take out the jar with a hot mitt, pour out the little wax that is left and wipe it out with a paper towel or disposable cloth including the wick. Wash with soap and water to reuse the jar.
- Soy wax is Eco-friendly, renewable, sustainable and carbon neutral. It is 100% natural and made from a renewable natural resource. Soybeans are grown by American farmers in many states all over the country. The top soybean producing states are: Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana and Ohio.
- Fragrances contain essential oils and are Phthalate, mineral oil and dipropylene glycol free. Our goal is to offer fragrance oils with little to no additives.
- Cotton cored wick is a cotton outer braid that surrounds an inner core of cotton. They are constructed with 100% natural fibers.
- Cleaner burning – no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants with little to no soot produced
- Check out our beeswax candles and their amazing natural honey scent!